Functional Health Coaching
With all the information out there, it can be confusing and stressful to navigate the world of health. A health coach is there to support you as you make meaningful behavioural changes in your life. This process is for your lifestyle, and in line with your goals. It is personalized, and not a ‘cookie-cutter’ solution. In this process, your coach will help you discover strategies and motivation to change, uncover your strengths and values, and overcome any challenges that arise along the way. They can help you with changes that you have chosen on your own, or help you to implement a treatment plan that a doctor or other healthcare professional has recommended.
A functional health coach does not diagnose, recommend or prescribe. Instead, they work closely with you, and the other members of your team (for instance your medical doctor, naturopath or other healthcare provider) to help you accomplish your goals. If you need to make diet or lifestyle changes but are feeling overwhelmed and frustrated, working alongside a health coach might be the right direction for you.
Meet Courtnay Laporte, ADAPT Certified Functional Health Coach
Courtnay became a health coach because of her own journey with her health. As someone who has personally struggled with disordered eating, digestive issues, and other health challenges in the past, she understands how difficult managing your health can be, and how important it is to have the right support.
Courtnay can help you with goals including:
- Healthy diet, healthy eating, and establishing a healthy relationship with food.
- Mindful eating, and learning to become attuned to your own body.
- Exploring how joy, wellbeing and food are connected.
- Implementing treatment plans recommended by a doctor or other health professional.
- Customizing your kitchen and gaining skills to reduce stress and increase joy in the kitchen.
- Guidance on cooking and alternative diets such as gluten-free, dairy-free and other allergies or diet choices.
- Improving digestive health.
- Starting a meditation practice and living a more mindful present lifestyle.
- Beginning self-compassion work.
- Finding ways to increase daily movement.
- Stress management strategies that work for you.
- And so much more.